Saturday, June 15, 2013

Genesis 1:31

New International Version (NIV)
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

John 3:16

New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

New International Version (NIV)
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
 
 
My interpretation of these verses is that God loves all of creation, not just select parts of it.  We humans are a part of this wonderful creation.  Also, treating any part of creation badly is a show of disrespect, an act of desecration, and an act of hatred toward the creator.  
 
I assert that an individual can begin to honor creation and the creator by being sure to take good care of oneself.  Like pebbles cast into water, the effects of taking good care of ourselves will emanate outward like the ripples.  We will provide better examples to our loved ones.  We can teach by better example, and as a result,produce better fruits.  I believe our children are our most important fruits that we pass on to the world.  

Matthew 12:33

New International Version (NIV)
33 “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.
 
Also, I believe if we take good care of ourselves as part of creation then we are more likely to treat the rest of creation honorably as well.  This is another form that the ripples can take.  
 
So, my mission is to be the best example that I can be for my three teenaged children and to be the best example that I can be for my someday grandchildren and great grands.  Also, I hope that this blog will inspire others to strive to be good trees as well.  All of my posts in this blog will relate to how I believe we can provide better examples of creation/temple care and thereby honor God all the better.  

Thanks be to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment